This little canvas was made for a swap with Mel.
I painted the canvas with various paints and bits of crackle paint then stamped with Stampers Anon Dutch Birth Certificate, but when I'd added the image (Paper Whimsy), printed acetate (JVO's Collections) and other bits of paper ephemera and embellishments, you couldn't really see much of the canvas itself! I sandwiched the image between a mini Time Book sheet and the acetate and stitched these together to fix in place. The sides were stencilled with gold dabber using sequin scrap and then I added the quote which I'd printed out on my dymo - 'The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes, without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart'.

8 comments:
its mine!! it really is a fabulous piece,so many things incoporated in it,everything gels together perfectly,i love the size of it as well so compact,i love it thankyou so much suse xx
Gorgeous canvas, I love it.
Gorgeous Suse. love the transparency you used over the top, the black German scrap and all the other techniques. it's comes together really well.
Absolutely fantastic and beautifully created - love every aspect of it!
Thanks for calling into my blog and for your comments. Very much appreciated!
A super canvas Suse.....love all the elements and the quote is goes with it perfectly.
Wonderful canvas, Suse. So much to see on a small space without it looking crowded. Gorjuss!
This is just perfect - and so cute too. Love it
verrrrrrrrry nice indeed. Love how the saying goes around the border. Think the stitching really makes this piece.
Post a Comment